Welcome to our new St. Thomas’ Sporting Achievements Blog. In this space we’ll be telling you what our fabulously fit kids are doing to stay active and healthy at the weekend. It’s amazing how many different sports and activities we’re involved in. READ ON and maybe you might like the sound of what a pupil in our school is doing. You can do it too!!
LET’S GET ACTIVE…………………………………………………………
17th June 2013
We’re coming towards the summer holidays and a lot of the leagues are coming to an end. Here’s what our pupils were up to this week…
Room 2 (Ms. Hayes)
– Jack was in a GAA blitz at Johnny Fox’s. His team won.
– Michael played a soccer match for Jobstown Versus Sacred Heart. They were beaten 4-0 but it was a great game!
Room 4 (Mr. Healy)
– Bridie Wall was at the sports club where she was skipping, basketball, running and hopscotch.
Room 24 (Ms. Mernagh)
– Stanley was hurling in a friendly match for St. Mark’s versus Springfield.
– Adnan played soccer for St. Mark’s versus Crumlin. They drew 2-2.
– Samantha had a boxing match for Westside.
Room 12 (Ms. Connell)
– Daniel, Opey and Warren got a trophy for team players.
– Andrew got a trophy for top goal scorer.
Room 7 (Ms. S. Beirne)
– Helen was boxing for Golden Cobra.
– Ciara was boxing for Westside versus Robin’s
– Karl will be kickboxing in a fight on June 30th. He will take part in the world championships in August in The Red Cow.
Room 8 (Ms. Seagrave)
– Chloe was playing a GAA match.
Room 10 (Mr. Campbell)
– Josh played in a match between Parkvale and Rathcoole. The score was 2-5.
– Michael took part in an international Taekwondo cup called the Memorial Cup. He won two gold medals.
– Luke was kickboxing for Blessington V Red Rhinos. He won by two points.
Room 14 (Ms. Barry)
– Josh played in a local game of soccer. They won 3-0.
3rd June 2013
Lots more sporting achievements this week:
Rm3 (Ms. Doyle)
– Dillon McCarthy is going to Rovers stadium on June 8th for presentation of prizes.