Here’s the report and instructions that our class wrote up and devised after doing this experiment. Can you follow these instructions at home?
Aim: To inflate a balloon using yeast/baking powder, sugar & water
Materials: 250ml plastic bottle, balloon,paper, teaspoon, yeast, warm water, sugar
Method: 1. Firstly, put one teaspoon of yeast on the sheet of paper and funnel it into the water bottle.
2. Next, do the same with the sugar.
3. Then, pour in 2 teaspoons of warm water into the water bottle.
4. Immediately, to prevent the gas escaping, place the balloon on the plastic bottle.
5. After that, shake the bottle for approximately 3 seconds.
6. Finally, leave for 30minutes to give balloon an opportunity to fully inflate.
Results: See gallery below 🙂