Last week, as a reward for excellent behaviour over the last half term, the Junior and Senior Reading Units made homemade burgers. They were really easy to make and tasted great! We used spices to give the burgers extra flavour. Some of us had not used these spices before and we were not sure if we would like them but the burgers were delicious! But best of all, they were healthy!
Check out the recipe below and try making them at home.
|Ingredients (makes 4 burgers):
500g lean minced beef
1 small onion
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
4 burger buns
Your favourite sauces
- Finely chop the onion.
- Place the mince and onion into a large bowl and mix.
- Add in the cumin and paprika and mix well.
- Divide the mince into 4 equal balls and shape into burgers.
- Fry or grill the burgers for 10 to 15 minutes. Remember to turn the burgers!
- Wash the lettuce, slice the cheese and warm the buns in a toaster.
- When the burgers are cooked load up the bun with the juicy burger and all your favourite fillings!