Skip to content
- The Reading Unit classes visited Kilmainham Gaol last week.
- We had a great day and learned loads of facts about the leaders of the 1916 Rising and about life in the Gaol.
- Aoibhe’s great grandad’s watch is held in the museum and we found it on the bottom floor.
- Here are some facts about the Gaol:
- During the famine there were 9000 prisoners in the Gaol despite only having room for 200.
- The men got the best cells, while the women and children were put into the older cells.
- A scene from Paddington 2 was set in Kilmainham Gaol.