Last week we went cooking in the breakfast club. Some of us made pizzas and some of us made cookies. We got to go as a reward for good behaviour this year. We took time to research and write recipes and get ingrediants ready. Here are some photos and we have posted our recipes if you want to try them out as well!
- 750g flour
- 2 ½ tsp yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Tomato, cheese and pepperoni for toppings
- 500 ml warm water
- Make the base. put the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the yeast and salt.
- Make a well, pour in 200ml warm water and the olive oil and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover in a large bowl and leave in fridge
- Cut the dough for each person. Put your dough onto a small baking sheet. Roll it out with your hand or a rolling pin and shape it into a circle.
- Put the tomato sauce on first and add your toppings
- Cook the pizza for 10-12 minutes at 200 fan oven. Check it every few minutes.
- Enjoy your pizza!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200g butter, softened
- 150g light brown sugar
- 2 medium egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 160 degrees fan and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Mix the butter and sugars together until very light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, bicarb, chocolate and ¼ tsp salt.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut cookies.
- Scoop onto baking sheets
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until firm at the edges but still soft in the middle – they will harden a little as they cool.
- Leave to cool on the tray for a few mins before eating warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.