Room 3 would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who helped us make the St Patrick’s Day headbands: the parents group, Kay, Marion, Eileen and Angel and Amy from 5th Class.
We would like to say an even bigger thank you to everyone who bought them in the senior and junior school. We raised lots of money and had a great time too! The money raised will be going towards bibs for football on yard and other PE equipment.
If you want to try making some headbands of you own, we wrote a procedural piece of writing to show you how it’s done. We hope you enjoy!
How to make St Patrick’s Day headbands.
• Green, white and orange wool
1. Cut 3 green, 3 white and 3 orange lengths of wool, approximately 1 metre long (or the length of the table).
2. Tie a knot in the top to hold all 9 pieces together.
3. Separate the colours into 3 bunches (green, white and orange)
4. Plat the wool. Make sure you don’t mix the colours.
5. Tie a knot in the end.
You can make these headbands using any colours you like.
A good tip is to hook the top of your headband on a coat peg or door handle before you start platting. It makes it much easier!